It is important to decorate and arrange the bedroom to suit a good night’s sleep. Because we tend to spend a lot of time relaxing in the bedroom for up to 7–9 hours a day. Although bedroom decorating ideas may differ according to individual preferences or suitability. But a bedroom suitable for sleeping should make the rest relax and feel at ease. This article has compiled a collection of bedroom ideas for good health and sleep.
5 bedroom decorating ideas Helps to sleep soundly throughout the night.
A healthy sleep depends on two factors. The first factor is lifestyle behavior. Like activities done during the day or before bed Time to go to bed and wake up Or stress And another factor is the bedroom environment that is conducive to a full night’s rest. In which a good bedroom should not have any noise Have the right light and temperature to sleep.
The following bedroom decorating ideas may help you turn your old bedroom into a dreamy bedroom that allows for a good night’s sleep.
1. Pay attention to the choice of mattress and bedding.
Many people may think that any type of mattress is the same. Therefore may choose a mattress that is inexpensive But the truth is Choosing a mattress regardless of ergonomic support It can cause you to have back pain or lumbar pain. A good mattress should properly support the curvature of your spine, shoulders, hips, and heels while sleeping. Also, it should not be too hard because it will cause pressure on one of the points. Or should not be too soft as it may sink the back down to the softness of the bed. Causing the body to not straighten and cause back pain
Additionally, sheets, pillowcases, blankets, and bedspreads should also be cleaned with hot water on a weekly basis to help prevent dust mites and mold build-up. Including changing the mattress and pillowcases for a long time The pillow has a lifespan of about 1 and a half years and a mattress or mattress has a lifespan of 5-10 years.
2. The temperature in the room is important
In general, body temperature changes throughout the day around the clock (Circadian Rhythm) in the early stages of sleep. The body temperature will remain high, but this will gradually decrease over time. The lowest temperature is around 04.00–05.00 hrs. If the temperature in the bedroom is too hot or too cold. May cause distortion in our body temperature This can lead to sleepless sleep or wake up in the middle of the night. The temperature in the bedroom should be adjusted according to individual preferences and comfort. Not too hot or too cold Because it may improve the quality of your sleep
3. The light must be right
At night, the light stimulates the body to be awake and inhibits the release of melatonin, a hormone that helps sleep. A bedroom with too much light can cause insomnia or disturb sleep in the middle of the night. Therefore, it may affect the function of the life clock. And cause various body systems to work malfunctions
For good health and sleep The following room lighting methods may be used.
- Use blackout curtains or blackout curtains to block out the outside light. Curtains should have a width that covers the entire window. Has a length to the floor of the room By sticking in a position slightly higher than the window pane
- Dim the lights or turn off unnecessary lights one hour before bedtime to signal your body that it’s close to rest.
- Refrain from watching television Using a mobile phone Or a computer 1 hour before bedtime because the blue light (Blue Light) from these devices will stimulate the brain to understand that it is daytime. This causes the hormone melatonin to be decreased and sleep more difficult.
- Wear an eye mask that blocks light and improves sleep.
4. Choose the right colors in the room
The color of the room may be a factor that many people do not value. But using warm colors may stimulate the heart rate. Blood pressure level And higher body temperature while choosing to use cool colors in the bedroom Like blue or blue It gives you a feeling of relaxation and calm. It helps sleep better than using other colors, but if you do not like blue or blue. You may also choose a color that is close or more comfortable to the eye, such as gray, brown, green, or light yellow.
5. Anti noise
Disturbed or noisy rooms can disturb your sleep at night. Whether it’s the sound from someone next to you, for example snoring, coughing, or outside the bedroom Like the sound of the car Ambulance sound The noise of road repairing or drilling, so you might want to try earplugs or white noise machines that have a consistent frequency of sound waves. It will help you to relax and sleep better.
Decorate the bedroom according to Feng Shui principles. Can it really help with sleep?
Feng Shui is a form of ancient science that originated from China. Which is about the belief in the arrangement of space and objects in the room to have the energy of the 5 natural elements circulating in a balanced way: wood, fire, earth, iron and water. Feng Shui Principles Because we spend a lot of time each day relaxing in the bedroom.
Bedroom arrangement according to Feng Shui principles Calm, relaxation and balance should be emphasized, believed to improve sleep. Which in addition to being related to belief in fortune or fortune Some feng shui bedroom decorations are consistent with the science-based bedroom arrangement that helps with sleep, including:
- Tidy is the most important thing in the bedroom. Therefore, the bed and the surrounding area should not look too cluttered, if there are too many objects under the bed, it may cause bad energy to circulate in the room. And directly affect the cleanliness of the bedroom and the health of the residents
- Refrain from using electronic devices such as televisions, computers or mobile phones. Which will release electromagnetic waves to disturb sleep
- Do not place the bed in line with the door. Putting the bed away from the door will reduce negative energy in the bedroom. And may be useful in reducing background noise while sleeping
- Choose to paint the bedroom and use the bedding in natural colors. Avoid using furniture or decorations that are too bright or too bright. For relaxation in sleep
- Use natural light from the window Or, you can use a small lamp with soft light instead.
Sleep is directly related to physical and mental health. Finding bedroom ideas that are conducive to creating a good sleeping environment will help you get quality sleep throughout the night, such as the right temperature and lighting. It is free from distractions or noise. In addition, establishing a good sleep discipline will help you get a good night’s sleep if you frequently have trouble sleeping or waking up in the middle of the night. Should see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment